Traveling and Teaching 8 : Trauma Healing for children Refugees of Mount Agung


Hi! Here I’m coming back again, after missing a while busy with my campus life.Fyi now I’m a Senior student, have to finish my bachelor thesis, and will be a bachelor soon! OMG actually I’m not ready for it, because after finishing my clinical study, I have to go to the Hospital to continue my clinical clerkship a.k.a. Coass. All medical students know that being a Coass is not easy, we have to be a strong student to survive that life for 2 years. I hope I can survive, and finish my clinical clerkship well.



Before I’m going to continue my study, I enjoyed my free time for joining traveling and teaching (TnT) again. It was good could be back to this activity. I like teaching children, and very love camping for  the traveling. Finally I joined TnT8 after my last TnT was TnT2.  The  8th Traveling and Teaching, was a little bit different from the others TnT, on this TnT we went to Mount Agung refugees in Pasar Seni Manggis, Karangasem. The refugees were come from Bebandem village which is counted of dangerous zone for the Mount Agung eruption.
We went there to give trauma healing for children there. My friends and I, did some outdoor activities (like dancing and playing games), and we also did indoor activities like coloring a pictures, and make a clock and learn about it.We weren’t only taught Elementary School students on this TnT, but also taught Junior High school student who are staying there. They were really antusiast with what we taught for them. Our lesson wasn’t that hard so they could understand easily. They wanted to ask when they didn’t know and antusiasted to raise their hand for answering a question from us. We also gave them information about the important of good nutrition. We spent our time about three hours with them. Felt so blessed could met them and taught them.
the children were very antusiast to answer the question

they made a clock and learnt about it

Who doesn't know Baby shark dance ? Let's dance together!

After finishing teaching them,we went to our camping place in Asah hill. I never been going there, but some of my friends told that so many dust in Asah hill, but last week when I was there, it was so beautiful. The camping place was so greeny. I thought that someone is taking care of this hill now. Asah hill is a camping place in Karangasem which is near with virgin beach (the white sand beach). We were in the hill, but we also could see a sea.  I Felt like was arounded by sea. We built the tents just in front of the seaand in the morning we could see  sunrise just from our tent. At the back, we could see Mount Agung. Yes, we know that mount Agung is in the beware level, and until know we don’t know when it will be explode. Agung mountain from far is very beautiful, it’s big and restful even though it still pulled out the fog. If you want to visit Bali, I think Bali is still safe to visit, until now there wasn’t a big differences for travel, provided that you shouldn’t go to the dangerous zone that have been made from the goverment. Still so many safe areas in Bali, and enjoy your holiday!
Mount Agung from Asah hill

In the night, we gathered and had our dinner. We didn’t make a camp fire because the place is very modern. There was a lamp that lighted us. So we prefered to use a lamp than made a camp fire. After having diner, we sang a song together, talked to know each other, gave our comments about what we did today, and was ended with played Werewolf.When you do camping, this game is a must! (if you wanna now, I have explained about this game before on my last article). We played this game for about 5 turn, and after that we went back to our tent and slept.
In the next day, I woke up in the early morning and saw sunrise like what I always do when camping. The sunrise was so beautiful from Asah hill. You know, I really love looking for sunsrise, It makes me feel relax, and forget all of my sadness. (maybe on the next post I will make an article about some beautiful sunrise place in Bali). Seeing sunrise is make me start a new day with a happines. We took some photos there, with some uniqe style. At 7 a.m, we started to clean up our camping place, and after that we played some games.
one fine day at Asah Hill

For the games, we were grouped into four different groups, with uniqe names. We made our jargons for each groups to make our groups more rookery. We played 4 games. The first one was “guessing words games”  and continued with “how long is yours?” kind a weird names for a games, and for the last two games I just forget the name of the games. Our group won the first place (yash!) and we got some snacks for the present.
after finishing played games

At 9 a.m after playing games, we prepared our self to go back to Denpasar. After taking some full squad photos, we cleaned up again, had our breakfast, and went back home. Good bye my beautiful and productive weekend! See ya when I see ya again. Hopefully I still can join some events like this for next year.
I think we as Balinese people who cares with the refugees should know that for now, They start lack of donations, especially for foods. Didn’t like before, when they was like “ we got too many foods donation and confused what should we make first.” Now they was like “we just eat with these same menu all days, and sometimes lack of the food stuffs.” (so maybe for volunteers who want to give some donation, you can give some vegetables, meat, or something that they can consume). Not only that problem, children there should get some motivation from us, for keeping their up. Keep they to always happy with their place. Yes I know it will be difficult to make them like with their place now, but ya give them some motivation and playing games with them will make them happy, because in the other condition, when one of my friend aksed the refugee about their feeling their new school. They were like “I just wanna go home, my new friends like  to ask me buy snacks for them in canteen. When we should make a group for a task, they didn’t want to ask us in their group, so the teacher will asked them to invite me.” It just hurt my feeling heard that they weren’t treated good.


Ps :All of the documentations is from 1000 Guru Bali

You Might Also Like

0 komentar