5 Best Places to See Sunrise in Bali

Not so many people love seeing sunrise, I think it’s because for seeing sunrise they have to wake up earlier than usual, and not all people can do this thing. Actually I’m not a morning person, but for sunrise I will. I love seeing sunrise. For me see sunrise is my best therapy to forget all of my negative thoughts and makes me start my day with a good mood. Beside that, I think every sunrise has their own story. I always love planning a day for seeing sunrise with my friends or family. How to wake up in the morning, what we have to prepare, and I also love the early morning vibes in the car (with some old songs) when we are on the way to the our sunrise place.

If you want to see sunrise in Bali, these are my 5 best recommendation places :

Some sunrise photos #sunrisedv


      1. Sanur Beach
If you stay in Denpasar, Sanur beach is the nearest location to see sunrise. This beach is located in the east of Denpasar, and so this beach also called “the sunrise beach”. Actually Sanur is a name of a village in Denpasar, so it has  so many different names of beaches. If you want to explore along the Sanur area, you can rent a bicyle and cycling along the Sanur beach. You also can swim there after seeing the beautiful sunrise.
The best way to forget all of your sadness are wake up in the early morning and let's see sunrise!

      2. Geger Beach
Geger beach is located in Nusa Dua. I found this beach when I went to a temple near the beach with my family. After praying, my cousins and I went to the beach to know how beautiful it was. And yeah, the beach was very beautiful with the blue sea, and the white sand,such a perfect combination right ?. It was about sunset, so the color of the sky was like a cotton candy. The sunset was at the back of us, so we knew Geger beach is a sunrise beach. We went there at 5 Am from Denpasar and it took about 45 minutes.
In the morning, the beach was still so quiet. There weren’t so many people there except who stayed at the Hotel near the beach. There so many stars hotel near there. So, if you want to have a vacation in Bali, and want to see beautiful sunrise, you can stay near the Geger Beach. 

I'm feeling so blue~

3. Amed Beach
Amed beach is a famous beach which located in the east of Bali (Karangasem regency). This beach has a nice view for sunrise and sunset (but in different location). But I think not so many people know the good location for seeing sunrise (me too). I have gone there twice. The first time when I went there, I have to pass some bushes. And the second time I went there with my big family. The sunrise beach is near from our hotel. Beside seeing sunrise, you can also snorkeling at Amed beach. If you want to see sunrise from Denpasar, you have to leave Denpasar at 3 AM, because it take 2,5 hours to get there. If you have more budget, you can stay a night at the hotel near there. There so many good hotels near the beach, so you can also see the sunset there. (for the full story about Amed beach, you can read my article : "Karena Rencana Gaharus dari Jauh Hari Sebelumnya").
this was my first time saw sunrise at Amed.
(I wrote about this on my article)

the second time I went to Amed, and finally found the way to the beach


4. Asah Hill
If you want to wake up with a sunrise view, Asah hill is the best place. You can build a tent and camp there with your friends. Asah hill is located in Karangasem, there is near a sea, so  you can see the sea with blue color from the hill and you will feel like you are sorounded by the sea. This place is a camp ground which managed by someone, so if you want to camp there, you don’t have to bring your own tent and bring the fire wood for the camp fire. It also available there, so just prepare your self ! ;)

 Let's swing

5. Pinggan Village
This is the best place to see sunrise that I ever known in Bali. Pinggan village is located in Kintamani, Bangli. If you want to go there, you have to go there at 3.30AM  from Denpasar. I was like above the clouds. We can see mount Batur from far, and the sunrise view was vey beautiful. When I went there the color of the sky were orange and purple ( I thought because the weather was cloudy). You can also build a tent there, but because the place is not so huge, you have to build the tent earlier than the others. After seeing sunrise, you can see 3 mountains fall in line on the way back. I don’t know exactly where is the location, it is located on your left when you on the way back from Pinggan.Don’t forget to take some photos at  Batur and try the  Mujair Nyat-Nyat. Mujair Nyat-nyat is  a freshwater fish which cooked with Balinese yellow spice.

I'm so in love with Pinggan. Wanna come back again someday

Those are my favorite places to see sunrise in Bali, and what I do after seeing sunrise. How about yours ? If you have any good places to see sunrise, you can comment on this article ;)

You Might Also Like

3 komentar

  1. Please give me more beautiful place in bali,thats make me happy everyday :) good luck.

    BalasHapus
  2. Saya ingin berpetualang, dan saya suka itu. Namun saya kurang pandai di dalam hal menulis seperti anda. Mungkin di kesempatan lain mari kita berpetualang dengan penglihatan dan tulisan anda, karena keindahan itu dapat dibagi walau hanya dari susunan kata yang seserhana.
    as.

    BalasHapus